It took me forever to answer all these questions, but I have finally made it. YESSS!! I’m sorry it took me so long, but here I am at last: I’ve been nominated four times! Wow. I feel so honored.
to Fibijean, author of The Hunter Legacy, fluffymao, author of The Mayfields and The Diabolical legacy, to Lizzie, author of a vast compilation of Sims 3 stories and legacies, e.g. The Krazy Crazy Life of Kass and to Lori, author of Whispering Waters for nominating my blog for this award!
THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!
UPDATE! Soon after I’ve published this post, I discovered that I was nominated also by raymondsanti, author of Set Apart! I’m going to answer his 11 questions as well. Wow!
The rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you include.
- Keep the rules in your post.
I RECEIVED THESE QUESTIONS TO ANSWER:
– Fibijean’s questions –
Some pretty difficult ones, I must honestly say.
1. What is your origin story as a sims player?
I have been simming since the first version came out back in 2000. I was a little girl back then… https://thesimsloewelegacy.wordpress.com/about/
2. What is your biggest fear?
I fear the last day of my mom’s and dad’s lives. Just typing these words makes my eyes wet and my heart ache…
3. Would you give your life to save a complete stranger? Why/why not?
I guess it would depend on the situation, but I can’t really say. I think you never know how you’ll react to something like this until it happens to you for real… Please, ask me what’s my favorite color or something. This is getting heavy.
4. What is the worst thing you would do for a million dollars?
Tricky question. My stomach turns upside down when I imagine people snack on fried cockroaches. I was a victim of a cockroach infestation, so you can understand how sick these disgusting insects make me. So yeah, I’d probably eat that. Wait, a fried cockroach would be a little too easy. I’d eat it alive. One big ugly cockroach. Eew. I think I’m gonna be sick now.
5. What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Please, don’t make me think of food right now… Well, as a kid I used to lick wall paint. I remember I had a spot hidden under a picture in my bedroom so my parents wouldn’t find out.
6. What is something that’s constantly on your mind?
Never give up, dreams do come true!
7. If you could be anyone in the world for a day, who would you be?
My boyfriend (so I could see myself through his eyes).
I know I should have written something in the style of a ‘savior of this world’, but I’m pretty sure that even if I could fix everything that went wrong, we would mess things up again… eventually. So there’s no need to do that. People will never change, will they?
8. What is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything?
I’ve been trying to find an answer to this question since a very long time. Unfortunately, I haven’t found it yet. You could try asking me again on the day the Grim Reaper comes for me. Maybe I’ll have the answer then.
Kidding, I know it already. It’s a bigger scale Sims game played by extraterrestrials. Hope they’re having fun.
9. Do you believe in destiny and/or true love?
I think everything happens for a reason. Call it destiny or fate, but it happens because it was meant to.
I truly love my family, so I believe true love really exists… in many forms.
10. If you had to give up one of your five senses (sight, smell, touch, hearing or taste) which would it be and why?
You couldn’t have asked a more difficult question…
I love watching the sunrise while waiting for the bus on work days.
I love the smell of the air after a rainstorm.
I love the fluffy coat of my Russian Blue.
I love good music. It gives me energy.
I love the taste of raw salmon dipped in a good soy sauce slowly melting on my tongue.
I could never give up on any sense, so please don’t make me… but you asked. So, if I really had to give up one, it’d be the smell. Yeah. I hate traveling in a crowded bus on a hot summer day. Definitely the smell.
11. What is your biggest difficulty when talking to other people?
They say the eyes are the window to one’s soul. I think it’s really difficult to talk to someone and look in their eyes ALL THE TIME.
– Fluffy’s questions –
12. Of your sims, who’s your favorite?
Elisabeth. (I’m sorry, girl. Things just didn’t go the way we planned. I’m so sorry.)
13. What’s the greatest in-game moment you’ve ever witnessed?
Any game? Well, the greatest in-game moment was definitely the ‘moment’ (it took me a couple of hours, actually) before making the final choice in Life Is Strange. Those of you who played this masterpiece know what I’m talking about. It was hella a moment! If you never played it, or never heard of it… YOU. NEED. TO. CHECK. IT. OUT. Don’t ask why, just check it out. It will change your life forever… the first chapter of Life Is Strange is free for download on Steam! Just saying… go and see for yourselves. Still not sure? Listen to the soundtrack… mesmerizing. (I’m listening to it as I write this post). I love this game to pieces and I’m sure you will as well!
14. What’s your favorite game (aside from the Sims)? If not game, substitute show/book/movie/etc.
I grew up with Harry Potter. I read the books, I played the games, I saw the movies. I even had an album of collectible stickers. Oh, and I loved the Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans! Shame they don’t sell them in the shops anymore… or do they?
15. What is a trait you wish you had/didn’t have?
I wish I was a woman of my word. I can keep a promise, yes, but sometimes it just gets complicated…
16. You found a black suitcase sitting on your front porch. It’s got $1 million in it. What do you do?
I use the money to start up my dream – my own fashion accessories line.
17. What’s your favorite holiday? Why?
Christmas Holidays! I love the atmosphere of the Christmas Day, decorating the Christmas tree, shopping for the Christmas presents and wrapping them, making Christmas sweets together with my mom… I love the snow and the ice-skating. I love when my family gathers at the Christmas table… it’s one of the rare moments of the year when we are all together.
18. What’s your favorite color? Any particular reason?
Black in all its textures. It’s always in style.
19. Any grand plans for the future?
Make my dream come true!
20. Cheddar, mozzarella, or muenster? Naming gouda as the top cheese is also acceptable. 😛
Burrata. It is a fresh Italian cheese made from mozzarella and cream. The outer shell is solid mozzarella, while the inside contains stracciatella and cream, giving it an unusual, soft texture. (Thanks Wiki.)
21. You have 24 hours to do whatever you please with no repercussions or anyone remembering anything but you. What happens?
Good question 😀
– Lizzie’s questions –
22. What made you want to write SimLit?
I was bored of the random game play. Writing a legacy challenge story helped me revive the long-lost enthusiasm for TS3.
23. What’s your favorite breakfast food?
Cumin bread with butter and melted honey and a cup of hot cocoa drink.
24. Who is your favorite SimLit character (of your own creation, modified EA-generated, or base game)?
I’ve always loved the Goth family. They’re a legend. I love reading about the theories behind Bella’s disappearance in other simmers’ stories. Your one is very good so far!
25. What’s your favorite activity to do in the sun? (Figured I had to have one sunshine-related question in there, right?)
Snorkeling and searching for shells.
26. If you were facing the apocalypse, which one of your Sims characters would you want with you and why?
Elisabeth has escaped her death by a falling meteor. I guess I’d be safe by her side.
27. Why did the chicken cross the road?
Had suicidal tendencies that day.
28. What’s the silliest or weirdest thing your Sims have ever done in game?
SPOILER ALERT! Don’t read this answer if you haven’t read 3.19 Hope
To capture the screenshot of Elisabeth being carried out of the Dragon Cave by her father… well… I had to make them become romantic interests so she could leap into his arms. Weird, I know. But it happened in a copy of the game, so they were actually never romantically involved.
29. Have you ever written a fictional version of a significant event in your life in any of your SimLit stories?
30. Name a character you love-to-hate (and this can from any source- i.e. games, books, movies, etc).
31. Name three things (or people) that make you smile.
Old photographs of myself and my family.
My little nephew.
My Russian Blue kitten doing silly things.
32. If you could visit any fictional world, what would it be and why?
The world of Harry Potter, because it’s the world of Harry Potter 😉
– Lori’s questions –
33. If you could be any age for a week, what age would that be?
I’d love to be twenty years younger. Six-years old and carefree.
34. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I guess anything I like would make me eventually sick. Maybe legumes or fish…
35. If you had a brainwashing machine, who would you use it on?
I’m not that evil.
36. If you could wake up tomorrow in someone else’s body, who would it be?
I’m quite happy with my own body, but if it wouldn’t be permanent, I’d like to be my boyfriend for a day, just to see myself through his eyes.
37. What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
Last year, one of my co-workers told me she loves the handbag I designed and made with my very own hands more than the iconic handbag of the luxury fashion house we both work for. The feeling was great.
38. What was the weirdest prank call you’ve ever made?
I’ve never done that. I know, I’m boring.
39. What is your greatest strength?
40. What type of music do you listen to?
Anything really, though I’m not so fond of rap and dance music.
41. Would you lie to protect a friend?
42. Would you eat a bowl of crickets for $1,000?
No way. But I’d eat a big juicy cockroach for $1 million. (Fibijean’s question no.4).
43. If you joined the circus…what would your performer name be?
MissFortune. I’m sure I’d be constantly breaking my limbs in the most stupid and improbable ways possible. LOL.
– Raymond’s questions –
44. What inspires you to write?
Mostly my imagination.
45. One of your bad habits?
Full spoon of Nutella dipped in white yogurt at midnight.
46. What do you want the most right now?
My boyfriend by my side. We only see every other weekend 😦
47. Something you never leave home without?
48. If you could ask any question to anyone and get a truthful answer, what would you ask?
Do you like my designs?
49. Baths or showers?
A long, relaxing bath if I have the time, a quick shower if I’m in a hurry.
50. What’s your favorite number?
51. If you had the chance to torture your worst enemy, would you?
I don’t have an enemy and even if I did, I probably couldn’t do it.
52. What do you admire in your friends?
The energy to go out and party any day of the week!
53. If you could invent anything, what would it be?
The time machine!
54. Given the chance to rule the world… would you?
Only if I could make it a better place 🙂
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR QUESTIONS!
THE NOMINEES, in no particular order:
Echo Weaver for Sample A Brave Legacy
Shannon SimsFan for Simdale Valley
LauraEliza for The Maldini Legacy
SweetPoizyn for Eternally Yours
FiendLikeQueen for Bloodlines
The simeater for Strange & Schloud
Violincat for Our Different Paths
LiliParker for Jill’s 100 Baby Challenge
AlyssaSim for Twisted Fairytale
raymondsanti for Set Apart
blamsart for Light the way to heaven
Note: Since I’m quite late, I’ve found it pretty difficult finding blogs that haven’t been nominated yet. So If you have already been nominated I leave up to you to decide whether to accept my nomination or not.
THE QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES ARE:
- What is your favorite season in The Sims 3 and in the real life?
- What are the summers like in the part of the world you live?
- If you could live in a different place, where would it be?
- What is your favorite town in The Sims 3?
- Have you ever built/tried to build a town with the Create-A-World tool?
- What is your favorite feature in The Sims 3?
- Do you play also other video games?
- How do you like your pizza?
- Do you have a pet?
- Are you happy with your given name?
- Handbag or backpack?
In order to make a justice to this wonderful award, I hope I can bring back the sunshine in this story again, because the last two chapters weren’t exactly happy… go see for yourself if you haven’t already.