THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE NOMINATION!
The rules for the Liebster Award:
- Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you.
- Nominate people (comment on their blog to let them know).
- Ask the people you have nominated 11 questions.
I received the nomination already on the 30th May, but since I’ve been busy with working on the next update for the past two weeks (!) I am going to answer Misterwolfe86’s questions with a huge delay. Shame on me. Also, I have had this legacy on my reading list for a very long time now, but haven’t actually started reading it yet. MORE shame on me.
Here is where I should be writing some awesome words about Misterwolfe’s undoubtedly amazing legacy, BUT unfortunately in order to do so I first need to start reading… (I will update this paragraph once I’ve read all of Mister Wolfe Legacy. Don’t believe me? I’ll let you all know when it happens. And it WILL happen! I promise this to you, Misterwolfe86). Alright, now that we all know what a lousy fellow simmer I am, let’s skip directly to the questions:
1. Which book or book series has had a profound effect on your life?
Hmm… Harry Potter?
Warning: Read no further if you’re not a fan of long answers to simple questions.
This series has really made my childhood special. I received the first book on Christmas the year it came out. I was seven years old. I remember I didn’t read it right away, it was sitting on the shelf among the few other books I’ve never read for nearly a year. I wasn’t much of a reader as a child. When Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets came out in 1998, my grandmother gave it to me as a gift for my name-day, asking me how I liked the previous book. I told her I haven’t read it yet, but assured her I would do so eventually. It was the moment I realized it was her who gave me the copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone and since I knew my grandma would never give me a boring book to read, I decided to give it a try…
I finished reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban right in time for the film adaptation of the first book. It was the last title where my imagination worked wonders. I have imagined many things in my own way (as anyone who read the books prior to watching the film adaptation) and was disappointed they weren’t the same on screen. Ever since I’ve seen the ‘real’ Harry, I would always imagine Daniel Radcliffe and the rest of the cast while reading the following titles…
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone was the first book with more than a hundred pages that I have ever read. If I recall well, I have been patiently awaiting the day the third book came out and headed to the bookstore on the way home from school, excited to buy it with the pocket-money I managed to put aside and read about the new adventures of the wizard trio as soon as I finished my homework…
Now, exactly twenty years later, I realize that this series has actually awakened the sleeping bookworm in me. Until this day, my dear grandmother continues on gifting me books which I finally read and enjoy. I’m so very happy it was her who gave me the first Harry Potter ❤
2. Who is the funniest person on the planet?
Is he supposed to make you laugh all the time? Because if he does, then I haven’t met him yet.
3. What is your favourite Symphonic Metal album? Or, if for some reason you don’t have one, your favourite album in another genre?
4. What is one of your favourite video games? What video game is simply the worst?
*For diversity’s sake, you can’t pick any of The Sims games or spin-offs.
I really enjoyed playing Life Is Strange, I believe it’s my most favorite game of all time. I can’t wait to play it again, but first I need to wait some more time to forget the most of the plot I can – it is a choice & consequences based game… and so is The Witcher! I didn’t play the first game (I will, eventually). I started with The Witcher 2: Assassins of the Kings and really loved it. I’m playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt right now and must admit that CD Project Red is one of the best game developing studios out there.
The worst video game? Any of those FB games where you have to wait for hours to be able to progress unless you’re willing to pay. I find those pointless and very annoying especially when you get notifications from your friends asking for help with harvesting crops or eating at their restaurant…
5. Windows or Mac? Laptop or Desktop? PC or Console (then which one?)
Windows. Desktop. PC.
I’m currently running all my games on my four year old Lenovo gaming laptop, but my BF is constantly bugging me about building ‘the real deal’ for me. Too bad I have to supply the components, LOL
6. Which TV series(es) are you watching now and would you recommend it/them?
13 Reasons Why – Follows teenager Clay Jensen, in his quest to uncover the story behind his classmate and crush, Hannah, and her decision to end her life. (IMDb.com)
7. Your friend has just ingested some oak-matured mead and falls on the ground in spasms, foaming at the mouth. It appears to be a fast-acting poison. What do you do?
I would call The White Wolf, but his potions are mostly deadly to humans, so it would probably just kill my friend. So I would most probably just panic, but immediately come back to my senses and call for professional help while I try to make my friend vomit the liquid out, even though I think it would be very hard due to his current state.
8. Live forever or live a short life full of happiness?
I wouldn’t really like to be the last human on Earth, so I think I’ll go with the second option.
9. You are walking to the grocery store when you notice a little old lady sitting in the backseat of a parked car. It’s not warm out and the windows are closed. Do you do something?
I try to understand if she’s okay by any means possible and if she needs help I’ll call the Police.
10. What is the least important topic of discussion? And the most?
The least important – Gossip.
The most important – World peace.
11. What’s one thing you want to let your readers know?
The long awaited update – 3.32 Dead End – is coming TOMORROW and it’s a long one! 5,000 words!
Since this is already the third time I receive the nomination, I decided not to nominate anyone anymore. There are so many of you who I think deserve this award and I believe most of you have already received the nomination… but if by some strange coincidence there is still someone out there who was left out, consider yourself nominated!
THE QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES (JUST IN CASE):
1. What was your most memorable dream or nightmare?
2. When you were a kid what silly thing were you deathly afraid of?
3. What is your biggest fear now?
4. If you could instantly know how to speak another language, what language would you choose to know?
5. When does time pass the fastest for you and when does it pass the slowest?
6. What was the strangest gift you’ve ever received?
7. What weird smell do you really enjoy?
8. If you could talk to animals, which animal would you talk to and what would you ask?
9. Would you rather live in the wilderness far from civilization or live on the streets of a city as a homeless person?
10. If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?
11. Where do you see yourself in ten years from now?
Thank you again for the nomination, Misterwolfe86, I really enjoyed answering your questions!
P.S. I am going to stop by your blog very soon.