The Loewe Legacy was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award also this year!!!
My BIG THANKS go to the fellow Simmer Deonree aka sensationaltragedy, the author of The Harpinger Legacy (Bad Sims 3 Gameplay) for nominating my blog for this lovely award. I am so very excited to add this sunny badge to my collection.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
The rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- In a blog post, thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
– Deonree’s questions –
1. Where do these awards come from? Who created these awards and distributed them out to the blogging community?
I don’t really know but I think they are some kind of an on-line chain letter that some blogger thought up rather than a serious award-winning contest. Anyone can participate and most of the times there are no specific requisitions to enter. On the other hand, they’re a great means to get to know each other a little more and discover new blogs. Plus the badges look so pretty!
2. Were any of your characters inspired by anyone in your life?
Not directly, however, some of my characters remind me of people I know. I think it’s simply because I get inspired by various situations of my everyday life and the people around me.
3. When you’re blogging do you have “brain food” to help you along the journey that is putting fingers to keys?
When I work on my story I usually like to drink green or black tea because it helps me concentrate. I used to snack a lot in the past but now I am trying to get back to a healthier lifestyle so I avoid buying unhealthy food such as potato chips, milk chocolate bars, candy etc. etc. I have noticed that chewing helps me think better so instead of snacking on chips and making my keyboard a mess while I stare at the white page, I put a bubblegum in my mouth instead and sooner or later the idea comes to me!
4. On average how long does it take to make just one chapter/post for your blog?
A LOT. Sometimes a few whole days or even a week! I first have to play the game, take the pictures (it becomes more time consuming when I need to use poses), plan the episode, write and edit the text before posting. The further I get with the story, the more time it takes to make a new episode… I need to seriously cut down the length of the episodes if I ever want to get to the end of the challenge! Oh well.
5. Who or what gave you the idea to start blogging whether it is on WordPress originally or not?
Four years ago I accidentally discovered the legacy challenge and the idea of writing about my Sim family has brought me back to playing the game. I have never had a blog before so this is my very first baby. I hope it grows up well.
6. If English is not your first language, do you write in your native tongue first and then translate or do you write in English first?/ If English is your first language what language do you wish you could read/write?
English is not my first language – my native tongue is Czech. I write directly in English because it’s much easier that way. I am working hard on improving my grammar and my writing skill but sometimes I feel like deleting the whole site because I get depressed how bad my first episodes were and how little improvement I have done over the years. Bah!
7. This one is actually for me, but what kind of computer do you use/ what settings do you have your game set on?
I use my five-year-old gaming laptop Lenovo IdeaPad Y510P. I play with the highest settings.
8. What’s the longest you’ve gone without playing any type of sims game?
A couple of years while at the Uni. Then the discovery of the legacy challenge happened.
9. Do you play other games besides the sims?
I do. Mostly adventure/fantasy RPG with a really good story. Currently The Witcher 3. Really good s***!!!
10. Name one thing you like about your story.
I am having a lot of fun with creating the extra content for my story!
11. Name one thing you’d like to change about your story.
I wish I didn’t age up my founder Kate to Adult on her 30th birthday! *facepalm*
THE NOMINEES, in no particular order:
Lizzie for Kassiopeia Fullbright Mystery Series
Echo Weaver for Sample A Brave Legacy
Shannon SimsFan for Simdale Valley
Lily Parker for Jill’s 100 Baby Challenge
Fluffymao for The Diabolical Legacy
Sweet Poizyn for Eternally Yours
Nina Umi for The Daley Legacy
misterwolfe86 for Mister Wolfe Legacy Challenge
bmitjessesue for Stories by Bee
Fibijean for The Hunter Legacy
Laura Eliza for Zahra’s 100 Baby Challenge
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
- If you could set one season for the whole year like in TS3, which one would it be?
- Where would you love to spend your summer vacation this year?
- What weather is it in the part of the world you live in?
- Empty your handbag/backpack. What are the items you see?
- Do you have some kind of fashion obsession (shoes, handbags, belts, hats, vintage items, jeans, designer clothes, dresses etc.) or none at all?
- How much money are you willing to spend on a fashion item you REALLY like?
- What movie can you watch over and over without ever getting tired of?
- If magic was real, what spell would you want to learn first?
- Do you print your photos or do you just keep them in the folders of your PC?
- Have you researched your family tree? If yes, how deep in the past did you get?
- Do you read the Loewe Legacy? The story is currently on hiatus, should it be continued…?
That’s it! Thank you again for the nomination, Deonree!